How to Use Beets in Your Beauty Routine
Yet another delicious food that you can actually put on your face. Not only can consuming beetroots be good for your inner and outer health, but you can also manipulate them to use as beauty products.
Did you know that you can use beets in your beauty routine? Beets contain powerful beautifying properties.It is full of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Below are 5 amazing ways to use beets in your beauty routine.
Anti-Acne Face Mask
Beets are loaded with vitamins, minerals and iron which make it great as an anti-acne treatment. To make the face mask, mix beets with sour cream using the proportion of ¼ cup. You can now use the mixture as a facial mask.
Cheek and Lip Tint
Here’s how to make your lip and cheeks tint:
- Use one or two beets and puree them using a juicer or food processor.
- Combine the beet juice with coconut . Then add a squeeze of lemon to help preserve the freshness and color.
- Store the mixture in a small container.
- Put onto your cheeks and lips for that natural blush.
To make your hair dye using beet root, do the following:
- Mix 1/2 cup of beetroot powder with a cup of boiling water.
- Apply to your hair once it has cooled to room temperature.
- Leave on for a 3-4 hours.
Note: You can add more beetroot powder for a more intense color. But keep in mind that you will have stronger results on lighter hair. Also remember that shampooing afterwards will make it fade faster.
To use as a toner blend chopped beet, ¼ cup of water and ½ cup of cabbage. Then put in the refrigerator. After waiting for a couple of hours, you can use the ice cubes to treat puffiness.
Beets can be use as a remedy for your scalp problems, such as dandruff and dryness. The carotenoids present in beets can help with hair thickness and growth.
To use in your scalp, massage pure beet juice onto the scalp and leave on for at least 30 minutes. Rinse afterwards.
Note: You can use this once or twice a week to see improvements in your hair and scalp.