How to Make an All-Natural Aloe Vera Juice Drink
Aloe vera juice is highly recommended for those who are suffering from indigestion and acid reflux as it helps soothe the inner lining of the GI tract. It’s also the perfect beverage for people who want to stay looking young as it’s loaded with powerful antioxidants such as vitamins A, C and E.
Even if you are a newcomer in the world of juicing, you will find it trouble-free to make your own aloe vera juice. Since the antioxidants the beverage packs tend to get easily damaged when exposed to the environment, the best aloe vera juice on the planet is the kind that is freshly made in your very own kitchen!
Of course you can easily buy aloe vera juice at your favorite supermarket. However, a quick look at the list of ingredients may easily reveal that the beverage is not 100 percent all-natural, what with the artificial flavorings, colorings and preservatives it has! Indeed, the best aloe vera juice is the kind that’s made from scratch.
Here are the steps on how you can make aloe vera juice that’s free of any unfavorable ingredients:
- Gather aloe vera leaves. The best leaves for juicing are the bigger ones that are on the outer parts of the plant. Use a sharp knife in cutting them as close to the base as possible.
- Thoroughly wash them. Under running water, remove any dirt on the surface of the leaves. Handle them carefully because you don’t want to squeeze out and waste the gel within! Afterwards, pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Expose the gooey substance within. Place an aloe vera leaf flat side down on a chopping board. Using a knife, slice off the thorny sides and carefully peel off the top skin to reveal the gel inside.
- Gather the gel. Using a spoon, gather the glutinous substance. It should be clear — simply remove any yellowish membrane that may mix with the aloe vera gel. Refrain from scraping the skin below!
- Collect up to a couple of tablespoons only. Experts recommend for you to consume no more than 2 tablespoons of aloe vera daily, so you should only collect the said amount.
- It’s time to blend. Place aloe vera gel in a blender. Add a cold glass of any beverage of your liking — coconut water, orange juice, carrot juice, etc. It’s also fine to mix it with cold water and a little honey. Blend.
- Consume immediately. To prevent the impressive antioxidant content of the beverage from being destroyed, drink your homemade aloe vera juice as soon as possible. Bottoms up!
Now do you see how really simple it is to whip up your very own aloe vera juice? Aside from being guaranteed fresh and free of unwanted chemicals, your homemade aloe vera juice is fully personalized — just blend it with any juice that suits your taste. And what are the benefits of drinking aloe vera juice? Here are some of them:
- Provides relief from indigestion and acid reflux.
- Promotes regular bowel movement.
- Controls inflammation that is linked to joint pain, diabetes and heart disease.
- Helps maintain normal blood sugar levels.
- Encourages healthy reduction of unwanted pounds.
- Supports healthy gums and teeth.
- Helps keep the skin healthy and looking young.
- Promotes a stronger immune system as it’s loaded with vitamins and minerals.